Hole in main water pipe

Philmac 9133. It will fit 3/4" Alkathene.
Stocked by Selco, Buildbase and Plumbase. Branches all over (you don't give your location). Plus numerous independants.

If you need to extend get a Philmac 1332 and a piece of 22mm copper tube; 3/4" Alkathene = 25mm MDPE = 22mm copper. No point forking out more than you need to.

Sponsored Links
As one of the links was for the philmac universal transition coupling I put 28mm copper as a joiner,

View media item 46903
whats the price difference between 100mm of 22mm and 100mm of 28mm copper?. :unsure:

Excellent info, Charnwood, thanks!

Am in N.Cornwall. Plumbase in Bodmin so will try there.

EDIT**So, if I've got this correct in my head :idea:, if I buy: 2 x Philmac 9133 couplers

XOoWr.jpg

1 x Philmac 1332 adapter

PF020120.jpg

and a piece of 22mm copper tube. I should have everything I need to fix it? :D

EDIT** that should probably be only 1x Philmac 9133 coupler shouldn't it? The adapter fits into the end of the coupler? sorry

2 X 1332. One end of each will fit onto your Alkathene, the copper will fit in the other end.

If they've not got the 1332s then 2 X 9133s and 2 X 96003s will do the same job.

Sponsored Links
for the time being I've just bought the Philmac coupler - if i don't post back, i have probably drowned

Just wanted to bump this thread to say thanks for everyone's help and advice. problem fixed with one coupler and a stop cock key. Cheers guys ! :D Will be back when something else goes wrong! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back