Holiday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks!

Just back from a week in the sun.

Mrs Secure & the little Secure's all got Delhi Belly: no mean feat when you're in Crete!

I had an unpleasant experience taking Offspring # 2 & 3 to the toilet at a beachside taverna. There were two toilets, M & F, detatched from the cafe. Each toilet only had one cubicle.

As I had two of the three boys (3 & 5) both with bursting bottoms, one went to the gents & the other to the ladies. Meanwhile, I returned to the gents where the 3 yo was. When I went back to the ladies, there was a British woman, complaining that there should not be a "male" in the ladies, regardless of whether he was 5 or suffering diarrhoea or not.

So I trugged back to the taverna to get Mrs Secure. By this time, the 5 yo had had an accident, covering himself, his clothes & the floor with faeces. He was extremely upset, but all the woman could say to Mrs S. was that, "In my day, I would never have taken my boys to a ladies toilet...."

Mrs Secure thought (but did not say) that things were very different in the 1950's....

Aside from that, and the return flight (rough landing at Manchester, resulting in dislodged ceiling panels on an A300 800, a late arrival, waiting 45 mins to get off the plane because Swissport were suffering staff shortages (give me strength), further waits to reclaim baggage for the same reason), we had a great time!!

In my experience, having been to Crete three times now, Cretan folk are very welcoming, especially towards children.

This is where we stayed: http://www.blue-aegean.gr/

Sponsored Links
Don't ever go there in October, the wind will blow you away.

Sponsored Links
Would of given the owd moo a mouthful.

Then told her what i thought of her :eek:

Back