Home automation wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening

I had major issues trying to get my hall lights to work with a fibaro dimmer module. Spoke to guys at Vesternet who help try a few things and came up with a solution.

Problem is now none of my switches will work and they ask me to consult a electrician.

I have attached drawing of box before and after module wired in

Thank you in advance

Rich

Sponsored Links
Sorry not got a clue what you're trying to do, what your parts are, or what's going on.

Can you post some clear in focus well lit photos of your wiring, with a clear description of what you're trying to achieve?

There are many Z-wave devices but in the main they use radio signals rather than wires so although they do allow easy control fault finding can be complex. Can even be next doors system affecting yours. Even a simple door bell can produce some weird results my sons old house door bell rang a different tune to normal one when my sister locked her car. Allowed him to hide before she reached the door.

But for you to add to the existing system will require is to take one pair of wires from the intermediate switch and place them into a new pair of connectors and another intermediate switch is inserted however using EFLImpudence link I see no intermediate switch arrangement for the relays listed. Neither can I find any with three switch inputs it would seem they are designed for just a single mechanical switch all other controls are done by radio.

two-way-plus-inter.bmp
The diagram shows what you had with three switches the centre switch reverses the connections it's what is normally called an intermediate switch you can add as many of these as you want so if required you can have 20 switches 18 intermediates and 2 two way all controlling same lamp.

As far as I can see you would need a double pole change over relay connected to the Z-wave relay to integrate with existing switches the problem then is having a box to house all the components.

So step one is for you to say what you are trying to do.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure but I believe the dimmer can be used in radio operation only without the switch inputs to it.

That said it has to be inserted directly next to the lamp in the live lead to lamp ( dimmer in no neutral mode ) and this means the dimmer when OFF will over ride all the other switches.

Think you are connect one has to convert every switch into a radio transceiver so another couple of units would be required.

But question one is still what is he trying to do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back