Home Made 15mm equal ( T ) Pressure Gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I would like to place an inline pressure gauge up close to the filling loop as this would make the filling of the heating circuit a one man job!

The boiler and the pressure gauge is located downstairs, so shouting to the house holder is not working to well.

My question for help is this, has anyone put together their own inline gauge rather than buy an expensive pre-made unit. that comes complete with its own pressure release valve

The threaded connector from the pressure gauge is 13mm male connector, I want to connect this to a 15mm equal TEE but need a reducer with inner thread that will accept the 13mm or 1/4inch.

A USA Company called shark sell this type of in line pressure gauge but I can not find one in the UK.

HELP ME PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the web address I am sure I will be able to make up an inline permanent pressure monitor.

THANK's...

I'd rather buy a 15mm pressure reducing valve that comes with a gauge, then set it at say 1.5bar and just open until it stops. No chance of overfill and makes it a very easy 1 person job. £15-20 and you're good to go.

Sponsored Links
I pointed out that I am aware of PR Valves but they are stupid money and if you can afford to buy these for every job you do you have more money than sense. To make an inline gauge will take me seconds to make and less than 10 pounds per unit. Why pay for over kill or an assistant that would shout back to me when the correct pressure has been attained. You have miss what I have asked for !!! How much can you get these gauges for. If you can find them for about 10 pounds let me know.

I already stated the price in my last post, it wasn't just a guess. £15 is doable. By £18 you have several choices.

Who said anything about doing it for a job? You said it was for your own use. I don't skimp on my own house, I do everything as good as it can be within reason.

Even if it was for a job... Why would I have to afford it? Customers pay YOU to do the work! If you offer it as an option it's their choice to pay for it or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back