Honeywell Central Heating Programmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

I have been quoted 250 euro price today for a new programmer I need for my Waterford Stanley Brandon range cooker. I considered it a tad excessive and went researching...!

The part I am replacing is made by Honeywell and labelled ST6400C1029. I can get this exact part for circa £200 on-line. However my question is would the Honeywell ST6400C be the equivalent and do the same function for me - it appears I can get this for considerably cheaper, circa £65 inc. p&p.

From inspecting the photos supplied of the product it looks the exact same except the labelling on the front is slightly different - instead of labelling the two red lights Cooker and Heating, these label them Hot Water and Heating. As it is in my own model, the water is heated off the central heating.

Otherwise it appears all other functions etc. are the same in the two models. I will overcome this slight inconvenience of having labels slighty incorrect if I save so much yo-yos...!

Sponsored Links
a new programmer I need for my Waterford Stanley Brandon range cooker.
you are thinking of using a CH programmer for a cooker :confused:

Can't understand you

A CH programmer is usually rated at 3Amps max load. What is the load rating of your cooker?

a new programmer I need for my Waterford Stanley Brandon range cooker.
you are thinking of using a CH programmer for a cooker :confused:

Can't understand you

A CH programmer is usually rated at 3Amps max load. What is the load rating of your cooker?

maybe the wife whats dinner to start cooking at a certain time as he's unreliable.

Sorry if I did not explain that well. As per the attached link my Stanley Range Cooker, run by oil, also runs my central heating including heating my water: http://www.waterfordstanley.com/Products/Rangecookers/1187.htm

The range has a Honeywell part as previously explained that I need to replace. Anyone know the answer to my question opening this thread - thanks for the interest!

Sponsored Links
your current prog is likely to be more versatile than hte cheaper one, in as much as HW and CH being switched on and off together instead of seperate times.

I have just had one fitted this morning got it fitted and 1jet fitted for €250 in Offaly Ireland.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back