Honeywell CMT927 7 Day Wireless Controller - Any good ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a Baxi Platinum 33kw combi boiler fitted and I need to now get a separate controller fitted for it (boiler in the loft).

One unit that my heating engineer mentioned is a "Honeywell CMT927 7 Day Wireless Controller" that are available here:

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...reless-programmable-room-thermostat-p-68.html
and:
http://www.godfreys-online.co.uk/pageview.php?page=show_product&ecommerce_stockcode=CMT927

I have a few questions:

1) Are these wireless units any good ?
2) How oftern do the batteries last ?
3) Are there any units from Honeywell or other manufacturers I should consider ?
4) Are all these units generic in that controller / boiler connection is essentially the same ? (ie i'm not better off going with a Baxi)

My plumber did give me his opintions in the above questions but I would be curious to know what the people here think.

One feature we did like on our old system is the "plus hour" where you could just press a single button if the house felt cold and the heating system would pop on for an hour.

Many Thanks! in advance!

Mark.

Sponsored Links
They are the K9's globes.

The batteries last about two years; although based on experience with the predecessor CCM67NG they could last longer.

I wouldn't trust ANYTHNIG that had baxi written on it. Epseically if it has electricity running through it!!!

The Honeywell can be fitted to any boiler - check the switching voltages though.

I personally have had ALL honeywell cm wireless programmers that I fitted fault. I replaced them all with Siemens REV23 RF no problems with them, more advanced, better build quality and more up to date to look at.

the 927 is the new style... I can email the spec sheets if you like.

We had a grand total of 2 of the old style conck out, and that was attributable to interference from a washing machine being too close to the receiver box.

Sponsored Links
:D :LOL: :D :LOL: :D :LOL:
ROFLMAO.gif

I have one of these in my house, its probably the most user friendly stat that i have come across.

I got mine for £50 on fleabay a bargain :LOL:

I'd say get one.

CM927 is the business. We are fitting around 4 CM controllers a week - and the old 67 series before that, and we've only had one fail.

Like Dan I expect the boiler will be worth less than the stat after a few weeks work :evil:

Thanks for all the comments guys - I have ordered a CM927 from Godfreys online.

simond said:
Like Dan I expect the boiler will be worth less than the stat after a few weeks work :evil:

I have come to the conclusion that boilers are like cars, some people swear by some brands and some people hate others. You could buy the "best" boiler and it breaks down after a week and then you could buy the "worst" boiler and it last for 15 years.

Yes, I need to retain the EP2002 for the hot water.

So, I don't really need a programmable thermostat, more of an on/off switch.

I'd like to spend less that £50 if possible (feeling a bit skint you see).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back