Honeywell motorised valve issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I've got a problem where my boiler is running 24/7. The issue seems to be with the Honeywell motorised valves. On 2 of the 3 zone valves, there's no resistance when using the manual lever, so I assumed 2 of the valves were stuck open. However, I've taken the motor off and there's still no resistance and the spring doesn't do anything. On the working one it pulls the lever back and closes as expected.

Am I just unlucky that 2 have broken and need replacing, or is there a way to get it working again / something else to try?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have the heads removed and they are not spring returning time for new heads.
Make sure the actuator in valve actually moves should move with your fingers .

They move easily so the valves are okay. Looks like new heads then - annoying, but I suppose if they're the same batch it's not that surprising they both failed. I think they've actually been broken for a few years, but I always assumed the boiler was heating the water until I recently changed the schedule and realised it didn't ever go off!

Thanks for the reply.

As above it is likely the valves need replacing, but before you buy new valves, cut the mains power to the entire heating system. If they spring return then, you have a wiring fault, if they stay as they are they need replacement.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back