honeywell sundial rf2 pack 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the above room stat and programmer, however the room stat overides the programmer, basically when the heating is not on the time for it to be on ( as normal ones work ) it comes on if the tempreture drops below the room stat set figure. Therefore the room stat calls for heat and it fires even when its out of programmed time. I have had both my electricians look at it and they both thought the product was faulty therefore i changed it for a new one and the same happens, there completely cluelss and theres no way it should happen. No doubt there is a very simple explantion but we dont have one. Has anyome else had this problem ?/? there appears to be no info on this issue online either

Sponsored Links
You're not the first person to experience this problem. It appears that one feature of your stat is the ability to override the on or off time by turning the stat up or down.

All I can think is that the room hasn't actually reached the required temperature when the timer goes off, so it thinks the stat is overriding the off time. Try setting the temperature half a degree lower and see what effect it has.

If that doesn't work, contact Honeywell and tell them your problem.

tx for your reply, i will have to phone them Monday.

The heating comes on in the middle of the night when the temp drops below set temp on stat, its bloody annoying, it has to be something to do with there wiring internally, permanant switch live has to be on in my mind

What is the frost set at (min temp parameter 12)

Does a neighbour or another rf have control of your heating.

Sponsored Links
its still set at factory setting 5 degrees, ive not played around with parameters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back