honeywell T40 stat connections.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi desperately need help, ive got a honeywell T40 stat that needs wiring up. i have three wires at stat red yellow blue, ive traced it back to the boiler and they are the blue wire goes to the neutral on the spurs load side, and the red and yellow connect within the boiler to a white and red.
what do i put were on the stat as it has numbers 3/4/1.
the little diagram on the cover says 3 is neutral and 1 is live with a link to 4.
any help please.

Sponsored Links
Got a feeling you may have wrong item. I looked up the honeywell T40 and this http://www.luxproducts.com/support/T401143_Eng_Manual.pdf says it's 30v max so it would not connect to neutral.

In general the newer thermostats don't have a neutral this was used in older versions to compensate for the large gap between on and off temperatures but the more modern with batteries to power them will work within 0.5 degrees without a neutral.

Although thermostat and boiler manufacturers may give colours and recommend multi-core cable it's common to find triple and earth cable used. The colours then mean nothing and one has to check at boiler how connected. You need to check with boiler manual as to what wires do what there is no standard as to what red and white are in a boiler. On the 24 volt side often grey wires.

Sponsored Links
Another T40:

039_DSC_5569.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back