Honeywell thermostat/receiver problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Honeywell HCW80 room thermostat and HC60NG relay unit connected to a oil combi boiler. All has been working fine until recently. The heating will not start at the required time unless I press the button on the relay unit (occasionally needs to be pressed twice). The boiler then fires up and everything warms up nicely.

So far I have......
Replaced batteries in the wireless thermostat
Radio transmission check = 5 flashes (strong signal).
Factory reset of relay unit then teach in again.

Nothing has worked, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I suspect that the relay unit has failed.

You could try Contacting Honeywell and explaining the problem. They are normally very helpful and have been known to send free replacement parts.

I contacted Honeywell & they came back with this response. Looks like I'll be getting someone in.

Dear Sir
Presumably there is a programmer/timer of some description. A full electrical check is required to ensure that power is getting to the relay box from the programmer and then determine what, if any, fault occurs.
Pressing the relay button eliminates the programmer from the equation.
Such a fault find requires a test meter and qualified/knowledgeable engineer. It cannot be done remotely.
Sorry.
regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back