HOOVER FAMILY 1500, HF7150MUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hoover washing machine starts a washing cycle and then stops approx 3/4 way through the cycle. As we use programme No 4 95% of the time and its this programme the cycle stops on we have tried programme No 6 and the washing cycle is completed.

I think something in the time programme selector switch has worn out on the No 4 cycle and a new switch will solve the problem. Any advice before I buy a new switch will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The problem has been revealed. The washing cycle is interrupted by the worn brushes in the drum motor. The motor cannot handle high loads when the brushes are worn down. This stops the washing cycle. The culmination of worn brushes in the drum motor is a burnt out 32k Coreboard which costs a whopping £95.00 excluding fitting etc.

New brushes are approx £25.00 and entail taking the drum motor out of the machine. Some part suppliers will only supply a new motor, not brushes. As the machine is 8 years old its more sensible to buy a new machine than spend £130.00 on spare parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back