Hoover HED 6612-80 dishwasher will not wash?

IF YOUR DISHWASHER STARTS, FILLS WITH WATER THEN STOPS WITH BOTH FIRST 2 LEDS ON AND AFTER 5MINS ABORTS, I HAVE THE SOLUTION, ITS??? THE LITRE-COUNTER SWITCH! EASY TO FIX AND COSTS NOTHING BUT HALF AN HOUR OF YOUR TIME IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

hooverengineer - Can you provide a bit more info, e.g. where the litre counter switch is located and what to do.
Thanks
HI there i tried this still no joy any other suggestions,loosing patience,just over a yr old dishwasher is,seen like a flaw with this model,any help would be fab ,im sick of washing up.

Sponsored Links
I have a HED 6612 that has given me more than enough problems due to bad design and construction.

But all machines appear to be made this way now.

I have stripped the entire machine down clearing Pipes, Pumps and metering components trying to find an intermittent fault.

As you have all stated the machine starts and after the first drain cycle it locks up flashing the first two lights, I have even restricted that water flow and this cured it for a short while.

The litre counter switch is the unit I checked with a multi meter and found it to be working, I did not for one minute suspect that the connection could be faulty as our machine is not that old.

Saying this we did have a Hotpoint that gave us more problems with the heater elements blowing and shorting to earth taking out the power to our kitchen.

Our Hoover now is kicking out on every wash cycle on all settings, I will check this connection on the weekend, if successful I will post details for those who are not frightened to remove covers.

Just done the soldering on the water sensor directly to the board and guess what, the machine still kicks out, on the rinse cycle this time.

Same message as before the first two lights flashing showing low water.

Working on it !

Machine starts. Rinses 1 led on, moves to start washing, 2 leds on, then just does nothing. I checked the programme selector, working OK. Could the pcb be stuffed? Anyone with suggestions! :?: Where can spares be sourced.

I have the same problem on my Hoover washer (same model)-did you get yours fixed? If so what was the cause of the error?

For anyone with start/run problems on Hoover HED6612 machines, does the main pump run? If not, fit a new motor capacitor(3uf,450v). After many suggestions from ''experts'',, including that of fitting a new control module with no change, I resorted to basic fault finding and eliminated most components. Machine now works as before. This also applies to many Candy, Diplomat. Zerowatt and some others. Made in China and badged appropriately for markets in India, France and the UK. Possibly others also. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Had the same problem on my washer and found it was the glass microswitch in the litre counter. Its easy to change, see my other posting.

Ours did the same- it stopped quite near the start of the cycle and both the pre wash light and wash light remained lit and it beeped 30 times. After looking it up we discovered it was because it wasn't filling up fast enough. We checked all the pipes to check nothing was blocked - no problems there. We had used a self cutting connector - one that when you attach it to your main copper water pipe, it cuts it's own hole in it...it hadn't properly cut through, so was only allowing a small trickle through. We tested it by disconnecting the dishwasher and running water directly into abucket from the connector - and discovered it had a slow water flow..that's when we took the fitting off and found the problem. Just used a drill to finish the hole off and put it all back together, now it's working brilliantly. Hope this helps someone else

Ours did the same- it stopped quite near the start of the cycle and both the pre wash light and wash light remained lit and it beeped 30 times. After looking it up we discovered it was because it wasn't filling up fast enough. We checked all the pipes to check nothing was blocked - no problems there. We had used a self cutting connector - one that when you attach it to your main copper water pipe, it cuts it's own hole in it...it hadn't properly cut through, so was only allowing a small trickle through. We tested it by disconnecting the dishwasher and running water directly into abucket from the connector - and discovered it had a slow water flow..that's when we took the fitting off and found the problem. Just used a drill to finish the hole off and put it all back together, now it's working brilliantly. Hope this helps someone else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back