HOOVER MOD HF7130M WASHING MACHINE NOISE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all, hope some m8 can solve my problem for me.I have the above washing machine,and makes a very loud noise when it spins with any load. The bearing are 100% OK and no play what so ever in drum. There are no foreign bodies either between drum and housing.I was thinking along the lines that the dampers are weak, so as to give this loud vibrating noise. Anyone come across same.
Cheers and thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the counter balance weights are secured properly (some move during the spin cycle but will jam up so you cant really tell when you try to move them when the machine is not running so give them a good pull about.
Is the motor still secure (the blots can come loose.

Did you remove the belt to check the bearings (sometimes that is the only way you find out)
Otherwise it could be the suspension mountings for the legs or springs that are loose so check top and bottom.

Finally is the load properly balanced and the machine not over loaded (does the drum still rotate in a circle or excentrically 'like and egg')

Thanks Leccy758 for your reply, yes did check bearings with belt removed and drum does seem to rotate in a circle.No bolts loose on motor.Will check over the weekend the counter balance weights, to see how secure they are, even though when I ran machine with panels removed I couldnt see any fault with them,but as I say,will do further tests over the weekend, and take all your tips onboard. Thanks once again for your views.
Cheers :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back