Hoover Performa 1300 working when it wants too!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Hoover 1300 Performa 7kg load PFA137. I'm at abit of a loss and wonder if anyone can think of the possible solution.

Machine stopped working about 8 weeks ago. Checked brushes and wires but had to call an engineer to fix it. He replaced the motor, still had some problems so he changed it again.. he had fitted the wrong motor first time out.

The machine was working most days but had to be coaxed to work on occasions. After multiple phone calls and finally a visit engineer replaced the door catch on the machine body. The problem doesn't appear to have been fixed.

At present the machine will go through it's cycle but the drum doesn't move. I don't want to call the engineer in again unless I have a good idea what is exactly wrong and he is being difficult about returning.

I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this for me, as it appears the engineer is at a loss too.

If more info needed please ask away, thanks for taking the time to read this :)

All the best

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all who read my post :)

Finally got another engineer in who took an hour and traced the fault to the PCB board making it uneconomic to repair :(

New machine purchased but thanks again for looking, hope this info can help others.

All the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back