Hoover washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My washing machine, that is 5 years old, seemed to have sprung a leak last night. After mopping up the floor, I then discovered that machine wont spin, the drum goes round for normal cycles but just seems to die when it comes to spinning. Water is emptying. Plus, the door wont open. Help please.

Sam

Sponsored Links
St. Breezer will be along shortly I'm sure to help you, just hope you weren't washing your party gear !!!

dont know anything about hoover :oops: all i can suggest is unplug m/c look for a hole most common place is door seal, it may be the outer tub is steel/ enamel in which case its s right off.

if no hole in door seal, un plug m/c dissconect pipes tip m/c on its back (they are heavy) and look for hole, check pipe to and from pump

Sponsored Links
5 years is the time when things wear out/go wrong. If you're into taking it apart to have a look check the motor brushes while you're at it as they probably need replacing (no spin is a sign of worn brushes).

The pump might be a bit clogged so it might not be emptying very quickly - worth checking.

The door seal might have gone.

It could be a combination of everything - I just love washing machines :evil:

As well as all that Breezer said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back