Horrible Artex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have lots of horrible Artex in our new house - do you HAVE to remove it and re-plaster, or can it be plastered over??

Sponsored Links
Don't try and remove Artex yourself. It might have asbestos in it. In any event, a good plasterer can put on a skim coat which covers it up.

Hi, agreed, don't try and remove.

Had a plasterer friend skim my bathroom artex recently - using finishing plaster I think. Watched him do it.

I am quite a competent diyer and would not attempt this myself. It's not only tough but alot of skill/experience required too.

Don't be tempted by an off the shelf product aimed at diyers. Friend said plasterers love this stuff because it gets them loads of work going in to put right amateur botched jobs that end up costing more to put right than if they had got a plasterer in in the first place.

Hope this helps. Yes artex is horrible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back