Horstmann 425 replace with Horstmann ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if anyone can help me please?

I've got the above controller and I'm looking to update it for a number of reasons, but mainly because I want an accurate on/off time and the battery backup as we suffer a number of power cuts. I assume I've got two channels as I've got hot water and central heating, but they are combined, so they can't be on independently of one another, in that the central heating is dependent on the hot water water being on.

I've looked at the Horstmann site and seen that the replacement systems appear to be the Channel Plus XL series. I'd like to get one of the H27XL or H27ZXL as they are both 7 day models (which is a feature I'd like), but I'm not sure of the differences between them, despite looking at the instructions manuals for both and I'm not sure if they are totally compatible. My fall back plan was the H21XL which due to it's functionality I'm assuming is a direct replacement for my current controller.

Also with regards to the boost, how do they work with the channels being combined?

Any answers are very much apprecaited. Many thanks

:D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back