Hose and power extensions to install dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to install a Bosch Dishwasher (slimline series 2 link). As there was no previous dishwasher, there are no existing hoses or power connections.

With regards to the power, I think I will plug it in the same outlet as the washing machine (converting the single plug into a double plug - other option would be to take it from the oven plug, which would actually mean that no extension would be necessary), but that means that I will need a ca. 3m extension as the cable is nowhere long enough. In theory Bosch sells a replacement 5m-long cable, but thus far I've only been able to find the EU version (see link). As a matter of fact, the only thing that I have been able to from the Bosch website for the UK is this, which seems like a plain old extension cable - only that it costs £31. I am looking to get something like this, which seems to have a triple core and a max power of 3.1kW (the dishwasher specs say that it is a 10AMP with a max draw of 2.4kW).

As for the hoses, am I right to think that all I need is a 3/4 nipple, plus a regular washing machine/dishwasher inlet hose (about 1.5m like this) plus something like this for the drain hose? Seems to be the same thing that Bosch offers on their website for £42 (see link)

[Edit] Sorry, and actually just looking at the questions on the extension that Bosch sells, they recommend it for several dishwasher users, but not dor dryers. Unless there is something very special about that lead that they sell, I don't see why the one I'm looking at wouldn't work as well...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Inlet hoses are available up to 3m in length .The drain hose is not designed to fit directly to existing , you will need a rigid connection joint with jubilee Clips .
You can cut off the plug and simply extend with suitable lead and connector .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back