Hot and cold slowed to a trickle from kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mixer tap in kitchen has over time slowed to a trickle (both hot and cold). I took the head off (it has a pull out shower head type thing) and cleaned it out but there was no debris. Blockage (if that is what it is) must be further back in the pipes. But in both hot and cold? That puzzles me.

Any thoughts welcome.

Sponsored Links
Check to see if your neighbour have water, your cold water should be from the mains. Hot water is from either a combi or stored water (which has run out)

Andy

Thanks. But forgot to mention that other taps in house (including upstairs) have good pressure.

Boiler is an (I think) odd thing in that it has a 50 litre cylinder inside apparently. I am not very impressed with it to be honest as you really have to turn it on every time you want hot water. It is neither a "on demand" or have a big enough cylinder. Anyway, that is another issue.

I am guessing that it really has to be the mixer tap as it both H and C affected but I took the head off so it was just the flexible hose and that still trickles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back