hot iron mark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a hot iron mark on a cotton sheet and pillow case which are a lilac colour how can I remove it

Sponsored Links
i would turn it round so the mark is on the bottom. ;)

get your iron out and add loads more, then say it is the new trend in patterns :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Try DS40

It removes most things. :confused:

It will probably remove the whole sheet for you, and the bed underneath!

A very interesting enquiry for plumbers.

Not something I generally get called out for I must admit.

Dave

Soggy_weetabix said:
Try DS40

It removes most things. :confused:

It will probably remove the whole sheet for you, and the bed underneath!

A very interesting enquiry for plumbers.

Not something I generally get called out for I must admit.

Dave

If you did how much would you charge :LOL: ;)

Actually it was a soldering iron, and the maid was paying the plumber in kind and forgot the dam thing was still hot :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll get me coat emoticon.

If the mark was caused by "iron" or the chemical element Fe as an ocide than oxalic acid is the normal "spotting" chemical used by drycleaners.

If as one would expect its just "burnt" then thats carbon. In theory Carbon Disulphide might help if I remember correctly but in view of the low cost of sheets I would advise buying a new one and using the marked one as a dust sheet for decorating etc.

Tony

Agile said:
If the mark was caused by "iron" or the chemical element Fe as an ocide than oxalic acid is the normal "spotting" chemical used by drycleaners.

If as one would expect its just "burnt" then thats carbon. In theory Carbon Disulphide might help if I remember correctly but in view of the low cost of sheets I would advise buying a new one and using the marked one as a dust sheet for decorating etc.

Tony

In other words your answer is the same as the rest :LOL: ;)

I have lots of rather technical methods which are well beyond anyone else to manage to understand. You'd all get yourselves into trouble. So I'm only prepared to give a HINT

Scary thing is agile is serious. Personally my girl i would have you in such a position in bed no one would see the burn mark for a long time .. ;)

ChrisR said:
I have lots of rather technical methods which are well beyond anyone else to manage to understand. You'd all get yourselves into trouble. So I'm only prepared to give a HINT

Did that too a brand new carpet once Chris :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back