Hot tub base inside conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ordered a hot tub and want to erect a conservatory to house the tub in. I realise I have to allow for extra ventilation and perhaps include floor drainage.

To keep costs down I was looking at the DIY conservatories with steel bases. However, will this kind of steel base be strong enough to stand the ton weight of the filled hot tub?

Any suggestions as to the quickest, easiest and most cost effective solution?

Sponsored Links
You need a 6 inch reinforced concrete base. They are very heavy. It also needs to be really flat. To be honest your best bet is to build a dwarf wall on strip footings and then a floor slab with mesh and dpm.

It may seem like overkill but if you try and build off a raft it is very hard to damp proof the floor-wall junction.

It may seem like overkill but if you try and build off a raft it is very hard to damp proof the floor-wall junction.
Could not agree more.

I've lost count the amount of posts referring to this very problem and is especially prolific with conc' sectional garages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back