Hot water AND heating when only hot water selected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have just had my Heating/Hot Water programmer moved and since then the Heating comes on when you select the Hot Water program and will only go off when the Hot Water is switched off.

Also the thermostat does not 'click' when this is happening. But if I put the Heating On the 'click' can be heard.

The Hot Water does not come on when the Heating only is selected.

The Programmer is a Drayton LED model and the boiler is a Baxi HE.

The electrician claims he has not moved the wiring and a plumber thinks that the 3 port valve is fine.......

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
I am having a similar kind of problem where my hot water wont come on without the heating but I dont have a thermostat. I have spoken to the landlord who is not willing to even consider getting this looked at due to the cost and he feels that as long as we can have them both there is no problem...

Where is your thermostat?

Thanks

OP, it sounds as though your plumber doesn't know how to check a 3 way valve. Even if it is working ok within itself the wiring could now be wrong to it.

For whatever reason it sounds like this is where your problem lies.

Marie, tell your landlord, the tight git, that if he doesn't get it fixed you will stop paying the rent, or at least a portion of it to make up the money you are paying for wasted gas consumption. You signed a contract to rent his property with all fixtures and fittings working.

Obviously the heating is not working correctly, so he is in breach of contract.

(I am a one man crusade against tight arsed dodgy landlords, they all get short shrift from me :mad: )

Thanks for that Dave he is being rather tight, theres loads need doing including the washing machine but he decided to "fix" that after 3 weeks instead of replacing it but the boiler is rather important esp as Im a student and dont have money to literally burn...

:)

Sponsored Links
I can only emphasise the need to keep on hassling him. You have a right to having everything he has supplied working as it is intended to do so.

Don't take no for an answer.

My daughter is a student in rented accomodation as well, so I know where you are coming from about living costs :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back