Hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We have a Valliant Eco Tec Pro with a Danfoss TP5000 thermostat, the other day the heating was constantly on so my GF turned the boiler off when she went to work, since turning it back on we have hot water but no central heating, when I press the 'i' button it gives me the diagnosis code S.30 which in the instructions says 'no heating demand from external controls (clamp 3-4 open).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
"No demand from external controls" means that the controls external to the boiler are not asking for heat. Try turning up the room thermostat. The present mild weather might mean that the house is at the set temperature without the heating being on. If that fails and if your programmer is outside of the boiler (not built into it) make sure that is set to "on"

Thanks for the reply Stem, I'll have to read the thermostat instructions as it's external to the boiler (http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/xxTypex/296432_MNU17433300_SIT313.html), I have turned the temp up manually to 30 degree's but the boiler does not fire up. :rolleyes:

When you turn it up and down, can you hear it click? If not maybe the batteries need replacing.

Sponsored Links
No it doesn't click from what I can hear (the boiler is upstairs and termo downstairs), I doubt it's the batteries as the digital display looks fine and it was only installed approx 2-3 months ago.

Right, I've just gone to pair the thermostat and the receiver box but their doesn't seem to be any power going to the RX1 box
Do you have a timeswitch/programer built in to you boiler?
If so, set it to continuous.

If this solves the problem, it's because the RX1 is receiving its power from the timer.

If you still have the problem, you need to find where the RX1 is getting its power from.

If you have a multimeter,you can check that there is 240V between the L and N terminals on the back plate. Turning the boiler off should not affect this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back