Hot water flow shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thermostatic Triton Power shower (installed in 2008) which is fed by the cold water tank in the attic and the hot water from the cylinder. The hot water has a Flexcon 12L pressurising cylinder in the central heating circuit. I am finding that the pump on the shower won’t work on most mornings – usually okay later in the day. When this occurs I check the hot water taps and it seems to be that there is a low hot water flow rate. I have checked the Flexcon cylinder pressure and cleaned out the filters in the shower. I’d be grateful for suggestions as to what to try next?

Sponsored Links
im taking it that the pressure vessel is for the ch not your hot water. In that case your got water storage vessel is gravity feed. Try checking the cold water storage tank in the loft to see if the ball float is stuck or not opperating correctly. If not could be possible blockage on the cylinder feed from the cold water storage tank.

The Shower is a Triton Power Shower thermostatic. The reference number next to the date on the instruction booklet is 2180405D - March 2007. I've checked the shower unit and the instruction booklet and can't find any other model details.

Sponsored Links
Hi! I have uploaded a photo of the casing of the shower unit as requested.
Many thanks in advance.

thats a triton aquatronic powershower.

the pump/motor will still run on this shower if the shower has a water supply or not.

so the motor not running is another issue to the taps low flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back