hot water not so hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I carried out an extension of a heating system on an ideal combi boiler, roughly 5yrs old. Now the client is complaining that the hot water is not reaching temperature unless they slow the flow of hot water down. Im certain that the client is trying to link the work i have done, to the heating, to the fact that the hot water is not reaching adequet temp. Is this a posibility. I cant see the link myself. Please help.

Sponsored Links
What Ideal combi is it?

Most of the ones around this age didn't have diaphragms, ie Mini's and Isars.

I have an Ideal Isar M30100 with similar problems and Ive been told I may have a faulty diverter valve that is sending the hot tap water into the heating pipes instead.

Sponsored Links
Its an Ideal Isar. The central heating flow does not become hot when the hot water is running.

sounds the fault/or no fault was there before you started work. some boilers need a basic inspection that they are all ok and set up correctly before starting any work on that system.or you take the blame for years.
did you do checks to ensure boiler is set up correctly.etc.etc.
them boilers are carping poor so do dont get involved in reparing it.
ps..i had some plumbing work done where the plumber turned off the mains water supply,after extending pipework my hot water was more quick but less heat in it.basically the plumber turned on the stop valve to full but it only needs a third of flow from stop valve.

check the flow rate out the hot tap is 9 l/min.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back