hot water not working on ace high boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,the problem with my boiler is this,the hot water is not working,the dial is swiitched on to heating/hot water and in the summer to hot water only.what happens is when i turn on a hot water tap the burner fires up and within one minute theres a loud bang and the boiler releases the pressure through the pressure relief valve and water ends up pouring outside and the pressure gauge needle goes haywire and the system ends up in lockdown mode with the red light flashing. please please please can someone pin point this problem and give me the solution. many thanks jaymondo

Sponsored Links
hello kitch0978,
the filling loop is open when i need to build the water pressure up to 1.5 bar. i will just give you an update about my boiler now. when the heating is off and i turn on the hot water tap,the burner fires up ,water starts to come through cold then luke warm,then the burner goes off and cold water comes through and then this process is repeated,i get about a sink full of luke warm water.

now when the heating is on and i turn the hot water tap on,the hot water light comes on,water starts to come through cold,luke warm then hot then the burner goes of and the water comes through cooler and then the burner fires up again and this process is repeated,this time i get a sink full of hottish water. i could never run a bath this way. thankyou for your help.

Sounds like a typical case of a blocked plate heat exchanger!

Tony

Sponsored Links
hi tony, i have got two heat exchangers in my boiler, the main heat exchanger and the dhw exchanger,which one did you mean. also the dhw exchanger has been looked at and is completely free of debris,thanks jason

I mean the plate HE which is the DHW one.

The test is to measure the temperature differential across it on DHW delivery and it should not be much more than about 15°C.

Just "looking" at it does not necessarily indicate anything.

The pump may also be weak or the impeller blocked. See the "finger test" in the FAQ on this site.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back