Hot water only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Potterton Suprima 30 developed a fault which, with help from people on here was diagnosed as a PCB fault. I bought new PCB from Ebay about 18 month ago and everything has been rosy since.

However, we came home yesterday and there was a funny noise coming from airing cupboard. There is a pump and a 3 way diverter valve in there, the diverter valve was making a funny noise but this would stop if I turned the thermostat down.

Hot water is working fine but there is no call for the boiler to switch on when requested for Central Heating. I can get the heating to come on at the same time as the hot water by pushing the switch along on the Diverter but that is the only way.

Do I need a new diverter valve or could it be something I could fix or anything else in the system?

Thanks
TC

edit: the valve is a Landis Staefa MA V322C and the pump is a Grundfos Selectric

Sponsored Links
It does sound like the Actuator on the three port valve has failed, you should be able to change the electrical part without the need to drain the system or removal of the existing brass valve body, which can be re-used

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back