hot water pressure drop only in one place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a valliant combi boiler. Whenever i turn the hot water tap in the kitchen the pressure suddenly drops that very second and because of that my boiler fails to ignite and i do not get any hot water.

Any idea what could be causing the problem? I have checked the pressure bar and it is at 1.5 bar and the coldwater pressure is full on. I do get central heating throughtout and hot water in the bathroom. It must be something to do with the plumbing in the kitchen. Also sometimes when i open the hot water tap in the kitchen i get this very loud grinding noise. Cant figure out what on earth that could be causing it.

Any suggestions will be useful. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like tap washer/cartridge problem. When you say grinding noise is it like a judder ?

Hi thanx

yes its like a judder. Any ideas on the reason for the drop in pressure?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the washer is sticking in the seating, strip it down and replace it, this will probably be the reason for the loss of pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back