Hot water probs with boilermate 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, have recently started getting problems with my hot water, we have a boilermate 2 heat store and a potterton suprima 40 boiler.
The problem strangly is with 4 out of the 5 hot water taps/shower, 1 is working fine delivering plenty of very hot water but the rest are a lot cooler and take take some time to run hot :confused: . have had the boiler serviced ( all good) and have drained the water twice but has made no difference. Any advice will be welcomed.

Thanks Martin

Sponsored Links
is the water coming from the mixer valve hot when you run one of the poorly supplied outlets? if so then you could cold back feeding through a mixer shower.

Not sure will check,

Both the PCB's and the mixer valve have have been replaced in the last 12 months

Ok have checked the cold water pipe into the mixer and it is cold and remains cold whichever hot tap i put on.

Sponsored Links
I think you should be checking the hot pipe.
Run mixer(s) till hot, then turn off and check the hot pipe doesn't go cold.
Do you have decent flow rates at the 4 suspect taps.

ok have checked the hot water pipe, yes it gets hot quick and stays hot for some time. It is a lot hotter than the water comin out of the suspect taps/shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back