Hot water tap takes a long time to produce hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I turn on hot water tap in kitchen, the water comes out cold for ages before gradually becoming warm then hot. It's more noticeable in kitchen then anywhere else.

I know this is to be expected to some extent because heat must leave water when sitting in pipe. But the problem seems to be getting worse over months, I have to wait longer for water to become hot.

Any ideas as to cause? If there was a leak somewhere could that cause it?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
could have apartial blockage, reducing flow rate and so it takes longer to get there

could have apartial blockage, reducing flow rate and so it takes longer to get there

eh hes talking about a system boiler here mate. theres no way anyone can solve this problem again you need an engineer to attend to diagnose the problem on site

it could be the 3 port blocked or stuck in central heating but passing slightly for hw
it could be the pump
it could be the boiler not staying on long enough
blockages
it could be the cylinder stat

take a pic

sorry techeng, dont understand your argument--could be a partial blockage in either supply to cylinder or in draw off..

Zimmers, I appreciate that English is not one of your strong points but he has said that the hot water is from a cylinder and it takes a long time for the flow to get to the tap from the hot cylinder.

Thats different from the hot water cylinder taking a long time to heat up.

The problem is likely to have a cause like a long supply pipe, perhaps in steel which takes ages to heat up.

Tony

and it will have been getting worse over the last four months because the weather, and hence the pipes, are colder.

i'm wondering whether a faulty thermostatic mixer valve could be the problem (if there is one on the system anywhere)

Zimmers, I appreciate that English is not one of your strong points but he has said that the hot water is from a cylinder and it takes a long time for the flow to get to the tap from the hot cylinder.

Thats different from the hot water cylinder taking a long time to heat up.

The problem is likely to have a cause like a long supply pipe, perhaps in steel which takes ages to heat up.

Tony

I appreciate that you appear to get emotional when someone questions your comments then again we cant all be perfect can we

Your reply just comes across as if you was referring to a combi system is all it twgas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back