Hot Water Working but boiler cuts out when CH is on

My RGF also suggested a Gloworm betacom. It needs to be A rated for fitting in a rented property otherwise he can't issue a Landlords Gas Cert for it, which is also a legal requirement.

If you know somewhere locally who will supply me a glowworm Betacom A rated for under £500 inc vat I would be very interested to know ;)

Sponsored Links
ring city plumbing redruth. think they were doing the new betacom for around 480 plus vat. or try your local city plumbing.

Thanks, I might do just that.

They may be keen to get a sale or two in the new year.

The boiler in there is threatening to swallow up my cash by the fistful. I think it's time it came out, don't you? ;)

man of kernow please follow holtys advice, if you get any other advice youre welcome to listen to it but dont fit the ferrolli or afterwards youll bi in wetherspoons cos you can only afford stongbow. then how will you feel :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks both of you for all the help you've given me over this. I've contacted my plumber today who is looking at prices for the glow worm as we speak. I'll contact City Plumbing today. I've got a trade account with Travis Perkins who are of the same holding company.

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is that the combi will operate at 3 times the pressure as the system boiler in there at the moment. I am going to have to pressure test the system before it goes in I think. At least the 10mm pipe will be less of an issue.

City Plumbing cash price £468.97 plus VAT for boiler, flu and clock. So that will work out at £562 for the Glow Worm Betacom 24A

OK this is turning into a real PITA.

Having decided to go for a new boiler and then deciding on the Glowerm Betacom 24A I then give the go ahead to my plumber to fit it. We hadn't worked out who was getting it but I was expecting to be charged probably about £300 to £400 to fit it with me running around capping off and altering plumbing, fitting new TRVs etc.

The idea is that I will do as much work up front as possible that includes flushing out rads and fitting the new TRVs etc.

That was all fine and dandy until he became ill.

So he put me in touch with a mate of his. Anyway, this chap duly comes and looks at the job.

He wants £1600 to supply and fit a Sime or £2k to supply and fit the Gloworm!

I'm keen to get it sorted but I'm not about to be held over a barrel!

were abouts in cornwall? p.s your gonna start a hell of debate on this though.

You're not kidding - I'll just have to weather the storm.

I'm going to post something on my other thread, so pointless in duplicating it here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back