hotpoint aquarius dwf30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
start any programme ... pumps out any water i have put in then appears to just keep doing a wash with the pump going but doesnt draw in any water to pump round...... press the 2 x buttons to end the cycle but doesnt stop the cycle .... appears to just get stuck in the wash cycle... any help appreciated :confused:

Sponsored Links
Water in the base , tip it back to release the water then try.

water in base ? what do you mean ? base of where ? thanks for prompt reply
:confused:

have read advice about removing right hand panel to get to plastic base and also removing left hand panel to clean out possible fat how do i remove the side panels,,? thanks again for any advice :oops:

Sponsored Links
The float chamber has water in it so tip it back and let the water out and retry it. To remove panels remove the lid and the screws in the front lip edge of the door frame.

bottom tray filling up with water .. last time there was no water or leak and dishwasher started this time there is water in the bottom and i can see the float working have drained water to get washer working and appears looking on left hand side that there is a leak from the salt chamber where it joins onto the bottom of the actual metal dishwashing section
Could i try a bit of araldite to stop the leak , applying it on the bottom where i identify the leak is ?? very congested inside the bottom section to have a good look round ...any help please..
thanks

No don't use that. Remove the locking nut under the salt lid and clean any scale round it and refit. Make sure it's tight.

thanks for prompt reply

can see from underneath when i shine a torch above salt chamber with its lid off , a small pin hole wher the water drips through ...thats why i suggested just wiping some araldite across it from underneath..very lucky if this is the source of the leak to be able to reach it and see it so cannot see at moment re-seating and cleaning the salt nut would make any difference.. also any tips on how to get off such a big nut ???
thanks

I thought said it was leaking from the seal. But you now have a pinhole leak from the tank. if you put silicon sealant on the hole that might seal it the tank is no longer made.

hello

as a point of interest it appears the tiny pin hole is just at the side of the salt tank nut.. it appears at some time a knife or fork has been dropped and actually pierced the aluminium base !!! doesnt apear to be corrosion as there is no other corrosion in the main dishwasher section and no corrossion around the salt tank nut ........ i am using silicone temporary to plug the hole from the top and bottom .... any ideas for a fix to a small aluminium hole as the water gets very very hot and the aluminium over time will move at it expands and contracts etc..

thanks to anyone with any long term fix ideas..

Chemical metal from halfords or ct1 from eBay.

thanks will give it a go it was just the 2 x different materials probably expanding/contracting at different rates that made me hesitate and just start to leak again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back