Hotpoint Aquarius WF250 pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump keeps on running. Even if you switch off and select another program, the machine starts to fill, but the pump keeps emptying. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
are you sure its the pump?

it may be siphoning?

is it a new m/c?

have you altered any plumbing / anything?

breezer said:
are you sure its the pump?

it may be siphoning?

is it a new m/c?

have you altered any plumbing / anything?

It’s definitely the pump, I can hear it running. I haven’t changed anything. The machine is aprox 18 months old and has been plumbed in the same place since new. Is there a sensor or something that tells the pump when the machine is empty?

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
Are any of the lights flashing?

Yes there are flashing lights.
When I turn the power on at the plug, the power light above the on/off switch comes on. After aprox 30 seconds, the pump starts to run and the power light flashes quickly and the main load light flashes slowly. The only way to stop this (I think it would run all day) is to turn the power off at the plug. That is you don’t get any response from any of the control buttons.
If I turn the power off and straight on again, the power light and door lock lights come on (not flashing) and the pump runs for aprox 45 seconds. The pump then stops and the door lock light goes out, but then after aprox 20 seconds the pump starts again with lights flashing as before.
If I turn the power off and wait until you hear the door unlock, then turn the power back on again, the power light comes on, at that point you can press the on/off button and the power light goes out, but after aprox 30 seconds (whether you do this or not) the pump comes on with flashing lights as before.
Hope this helps.

Counting from the top is it light 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 that's flashing?

Sleepyhead said:
Counting from the top is it light 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 that's flashing?

The one that flashes is the main load light, thats the top one (number 1)

OK, from the information I have on this machine you're getting a problem with the heater relay. I've not had much work on these WF series but I believe Indesit (they own Hotpoint) are using their electronics so the relay is part of the main pcb.

Sleepyhead said:
OK, from the information I have on this machine you're getting a problem with the heater relay. I've not had much work on these WF series but I believe Indesit (they own Hotpoint) are using their electronics so the relay is part of the main pcb.

OK thanks for that.
In the machine there is a circuit board at the top front, an electronic unit half way up on the rear right hand side and a vacuum switch at the top rear left hand side.
Do you know where the reley/pcb is and how can I check it.

rear of the machine, few inches up. left hand side looking from the rear

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back