Hotpoint Aquarius WF541 Mini Load and On/Off lights flash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please ?
I had the drum in my Hotpoint Aquarius WF541 replaced recently and ever since then - the Mini Load and On/Off lights flash rapidly - no matter what programme the machine is put it.
I've also noticed the machine makes a loud noise sometimes just before it tries to spin/rotate the drum - which results in the lights mentioned above flashing.
I have to power the machine off and restart the program - which keeps repeating the problem.
Can't get hold of the engineer who replaced the drum either !
Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Scoll down the bottom for error codes. As for the noise check top and bottom weights are not loose.

Scoll down the bottom for error codes. As for the noise check top and bottom weights are not loose.

Thanks - I'm assuming the "Mini Load" light is Light 4 - which implies the Motor Triac. Can you confirm if i'm reading this correctly - and if so - what can i do to repair.

Yes correct , but u need a new pcb. Recon one for half the price from emw in Nottingham.

Sponsored Links
on off switch flashing rapidly and mini load flashing steadily is this the same fault. Clears when machine switched off and then back on again. Lights flashingwith same lights start again after a few washes.

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

So in this instance with the second light flashing the error code would be f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty

Hi folks, glad to have found the forum. Aquarius wf541, all lights flashing, replaced cap C17 (thanks to all on the forum) Now have 4th light down, mini load, and on off light flashing. Erratic behaviour on some settings, takes in water, but drum doesn't turn, brushes look fine, drains ok too. Should i try new pcb? £30 on ebay.
Many thanks.

Thanks to all who told us about the C17 problem, I replaced then then also got the flashing minload light. This turned out to be simply because I had put the connector that plugs on to the side of the PCB round the wrong way, I turned this around and it worked (wires should be to the top of the PCB)

All working now and saved me a fortune, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back