Hotpoint Aquarius WM61P - ERRATIC BEHAVIOUR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just needing some advice about my Hotpoint WM61P washer. I have two washers the one I have been using recently a Hotpoint WM54 started making grinding noises when the drum was turned and since last week has been tripping the electric when turned on, so I stopped using it and decided to try my other washer (WM61) as I couldn't remember what was wrong with it. I hooked it up and ran through a few wash programs while it was empty to clean it out, no problems, it filled, drum rotated on wash and rinse (heater seems to have died though), it spun (did seem a tad fast) and drained OK. So I put a load in and it was fine during the wash program, but halfway through the rinse the drum stopped rotating and it wouldn't spin, drain and fill are fine however, there does seem to be an inordinate amount of clicks when going through a cycle even though it moves through it normally i.e. it seems to be clicking when it doesn't appear to be doing anything, not sure if this is related to the drum refusing to move. Anyway I tried it empty again but it won't move at all now.

Can anybody help? :cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back