hotpoint aquarius

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washing machine is not emptying its water(2nd day with the clothes in the water) its a aquarius wf321...can anyone tell me how to get it to drain out, i have tried turning it to 'pump out' got nothing, 'rinse and spin' the machine turned but no water came out...but then went back to flashing its lights on 'mini load' and 'reduced creases'....please advice me,thanks

Sponsored Links
The filter is either at the front under the kickstrip. Or at the back remove the rear white cover. Also put drain Hose in to a bucket to get rid of the water.

the machine to heavy to move, managed to find a small long panel which i prised off(broke it!) but i cannot turn the round cap/handle at all....any good tips for that? :oops:

Pliers. It's jammed with coins , twist it back and forth it may release it. Otherwise you need to lift it up and remove the pump.

Sponsored Links
Mr.Rock1........YOU ROCK!!
Thank you for your reply, I managed to find a clapping kind of tool and two 2p coins, although I found it really hard to open and I gave up yesterday,I woke up this morning and gave it a good heveho, low and behold I did it....but all that was inside was some hair clips and a piece of plastic from an under garment?
I have given the clothes a rinse and spin, everything seems okay......but should the blockage have been because of something more substantual? :confused:

No anything small like buttons hair band clips coin can block it up. Best to check pockets. Shake tops for hair clips and shirt tabs before washing. Also check the filter ever couple of months. Glad it's sorted.

now, just when i thought i did my diy for the year, something esle has happened....we had a power cut last week, i didnt realise at the time but it did something to my heating, although we still had hot water, i tried looking at the combi to see if a flame was inside....got a shock when someone turned the hot water on.....but not heating.... then i saw a control pannel next to the combi that says 'advance' extend' something else, when i touched extend it turned the heating on, my question is i never had to touch this button, to get the heating on...how do i go back to how it was?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back