Hotpoint condensor dryer cdt40 new element wiring different

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was hoping that someone could help with an issue with my tumble dryer, I recently bought a new element as my old one had gone. Although it is the correct part, which has 5 wires going to a block. It also has 2 additional blue wires and I am unsure what I am supposed to do with these. I have copied the wiring from the old element, mimicking the connection to the white spot thermostat and the one that looks different, presumably the thermister which is on the right (middle on the old element) Everything now works but the dryer will only work on high heat. Would anyone happen to know how these should be wired exactly? When the new element arrived, the 2 blue wires were connected to the centre thermostat, the one with yellow spot on it. This thermostat is now connect as a loop through from the first as per the old element, but I fear this may be incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

Loz Yates

Sponsored Links
Would anyone happen to know why the normal heat doesn't work but high heat still does.
Thanks

Loz

There's 3 different heaters for this mc. Are u sure u got the right one. Post the serial number up

Thanks rocks1

The tumble dryer is:

Model - 31360r
Ser - 503282390

The element is:
Heater 2.30
C00260045

Many thanks!

Lozyates

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. You got the wrong heater. Should be coo258828. Also you bought it from a second hand shop not a well known place like currys or comet Dixon j Lewis. It's a recon mc. The heater u bought was for the later one serial no after 71 which the two blue leads are the supply for the netural which it's wired to.

Many thanks for your response. The local store ordered this one in after I took the old one in to show them. It was more than £50 as well.
Will the type being different be the reason why it only works on high heat?
I've a good mind to remove it and brush it down and send it back.
Would you know if the heater itself is different and not just he thermostats ? I'm thinking that I could possibly make a good one out of the 2 bearing in mind it's been used, they probably won't take it back now :(

Many thanks once more

The heater is just a plug and play. You have answered your own question you should not have wired it up ,the wiring is totally different. All you should do is place heater in the holder and plug it in. Take it back and tell them it's the wrong one and swap it for the part number I gave you. Follow the wires on the old one if you still got it and you can see how diffent they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back