Hotpoint cTD00 troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've a Hotpoint dryer, CTD00g. Couple of nights ago there was a slight smell of burning and it's not working since. The pump is gurgling mightily at the back, I've had the sides off to reset the thermostat and the belt seems in ok condition - thing is the drum is turning when empty, so I thought it was ok last night and put it back together after resetting the stat.

Tried again this evening and there's no heat from the cover to the elements, so I think the stat's tripped again. Also while the drum moves when empty, it only does about 2 revs when it's got a bit of a load in before chugging to a halt.

Are you guys able to help?

Thanks in advance,
Brian.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks for a speedy reply!

I'm thinking this somehow prevents the motor turning, which prevents the heat from dissipating, which causes the stat to trip? And is it like the other components an easy swap?

Thanks again!

Yep you are right. Easy to replace just unscrews and 2 tags in top wires just pull off. Cap cost less than a tenner you want a 7 or 8 uf cap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Just had the side off again, looks pretty straightforward alright, as long as I take care to get the 4 spades back on in the right order (last -and possibly most stupid - question: are the 2 dual-spades interchangeable? i.e. does it matter which way round the pairs of wires go back on?)

thanks a mill for your help! Tomorrow, I find a capacitor!

No it don't matter as long as the the pairs on one terminal stay together.

Just doing a test run now. All seems to be perfect. Thank you rocks1 so much for your assistance, I'd have just replaced the motor I think - so you've saved me a few quid!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back