hotpoint DWF 50 Problem fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just found this forum after searching the web 4 a solution to my hotpoint DWF50 problem.
I came down this morning to a machine which base tray was full of water and lights 3 ECO & 4 Fast flashing.
Anyway my solution was as i had seen a hotpoint engineer do once before was to press the start/reset button trip the catch, to fool the machine into thinking the door is closed then put in a program, press start, the machine hums slightly but doesnt do anything then after removing the large filter from the tray at the bottom underneath the lower basket insert a length of wire, with a loop on the end (Tip i used a wire coat hanger from the dry cleaners) poke in ythe hole that the dirty water drains from, after a bit of poking about the pump started working and the water drained away. Tip place a hook at the other end of your wire impliment to put your finger in to stop the wire getting caught in the pump mechanisim. After wards u have to hook back the door catch to the normal position, Tip another piece of the coat hanger with a right angled piece at the end will do this. This worked for me, saved me some money esp as D & G insurance ran out 2 weeks ago.....stu

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back