Hotpoint FF200E Ice Build Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This freezer is just over 5 years old now and is playing up again. We first had it repaired when it was about 16 months old by Hotpoint who said it had a design fault, the fault caused the build up of ice in the freezer section. The engineer put a little heater in a foil bag type of thing in the freezer itself which he said was to help melt the ice. Now it's starting to do it again with loads of ice forming at the bottom of the freezer.

Seeing as they have fixed it once will Hotpoint fix it again or will they try and charge me for the repair? I've seen other people with this problem as well and they all seem to suggest removing the panels and melting the ice but this doesn't really fix the problem does it?

Sponsored Links
Just move the defrost heater down about a inch so it covers the air duct , make sure it's not touching the rear wall.

Just move the defrost heater down about a inch so it covers the air duct , make sure it's not touching the rear wall.

Thanks. I'll have to wait a bit before I try this cos the freezer is quite full and I don't want to lose it all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back