Hotpoint Fridge/Freezer HM315i inside Light Not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
need help.i have had the above fridge for about 5 years now with no problems.it was part of an integrated kitchen when i bought the house.

about a month ago the inside lamp went out and i could see clearly that the Filament??? was broken and needed to replace the lamp.

anyway i have so far bought 3 of the same lamps(15w) from different suppliers but none of them works . i bought the last one from the hotpoint recommended spare parts supplier,and that didnt work either.

i phoned them and service company wants to charge me £100+ parts to come and fix the bulb- i dont have this money.

can anyone give me any idea as to what might be wrong. is this something i can fix?

any help will be greatly appreciated. everything else works fine with the fridge.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
check the contacts inside the lamp fitting, they can bend or break or for a loose wire (can yu check for 240v on the contacts)

thanks leccy. how easy is it to dismantle the lamp holder? any ideas will be great. am assuming you know the model above?

many thanks

Is the lamp holder part of the t/stat assy?.
If you have removed the lens to change the bulb, have a look for a clip or screws?
Do you have a model number?

BEFORE YOU POKE ABOUT ..UNPLUG

Sponsored Links
its a HM315i. Hotpoint fridge/freezer. the lamp holder is in a plastic cover. i removed the plastic cover to unscrew the bulb but its impossible to look into the lamp holder itself without dismantling or taking the whole unit out somehow.
thanks

I dont know the model, but if the light fitting is inside the cabinett, there must be a clip or screws. The safety spec will insist that a tool is used to access live parts, ie screwdriver.
If the housing is fitted to the underside of the top then you may have to remove the top.

Can you post a picture

next to the control knob is a hole with a screw in it ,then unit slides to come off there also is a nut under the knob pull it off to reveal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back