Hotpoint integrated dishwasher problem (click noise and cold water) HIC 3B+26

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a Hotpoint HIC 3B+26 UK integrated dishwasher which we purchased approx March 2018 and was eventually fitted January 2019 so its only been used for ~18 months.
Just to set the scene, Its worth mentioning the machine is likely only used 5 times a week as there is only me and the wife so its had a very easy life to date.

We always use wash option 2 and in the last 6 weeks or so, we started getting an error code 13 which stopped the machine operating.

Power off and on cleared but this code happened a good few times but then we found keeping the salt fully topped up seemed to prevent this error
More recently, the behavior has changed
Today we did a test with a completely empty machine again on option 2, and took timings and noted the following behavior :

From closing the door, the machine starts and all sounds normal but within 3 minutes, you hear a distinctive click every 3 or so seconds continuously, with a noise of water wooshing
We checked it 30 mins later and it was doing exactly the same noise
The draining board directly above the integrated dishwasher was always nice and warm so you you knew it was working normally, but now, there is no heat whatsoever.
We left it doing its thing for another 30 mins (same clicking noise but no heat) so then we opened the door.
The water in the bottom of the machine was cold.
We shut the door and more water flow was heard for a time but the same clicking noise persisted.
Left for another 30 mins or so and the dishwasher did exactly the same so the door was again opened and closed and again it burst into life but the machine is still cold
After 3.5 hrs, we gave up (we know washing cycle 2 runs for 2.5hrs) so opened the door (cold water in the bottom still) and powered off the machine at the on/off switch and the water immediately all drained away

Can anyone shed any light on what this issue may be please ?

I'm guessing it only had 12 months warranty but still plan to ring Hotpoint and have a moan tomorrow as as mentioned, its a little over only 2 years old with light use so surely the parts they use can't be this poor quality can they ?

I'm pretty DIY handy so could tackle testing or replacing components comfortably with instructions, its just knowing which bit

Anyone else had similar to the above please and can offer any advice ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Same with my one water is flowing and pumping out 20-30min in the program its stopping with light 2 and 4 on water is cold,I'm changing the heating element when arived and hopefully this will fix it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back