Hotpoint TCM570

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice for a friend that has the Hotpoint TCM570

She has just moved house and after getting to use the appliance once again has found problems with it shutting off the sockets.

I had a look at the plug and fuse which is fine.
Then found out that it was moved before emptying the water collector.
So I tried moving the drum back and forth and noticed the sound of water from the inside but not in the drum.
So my question is what is the next best thing to do to get the water out and the machine working again??

Sponsored Links
If you have emptied the water bottle at the top then it's in the pump at the back. Also it's got water on the heater that's y it trips the power. Leave it for a couple of days to dry out.

its been like it for four weeks,it was tipped back when water bottle was full,
just not sure how to get to the water !!!

Lay it on its back that will get it out. Then the heater needs replaceing. If it still trips.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Then I'll give some drying off time.

Do you know how much a new heater might cost for them and are they easy enough to fit?

About 40 quid and yes very easy to change.

Many thanks for the advice.

Once I could get to look at it I found the water was in the rear section near the fan and heater.
Got all the water out and dried it off.
Gave it some time and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back