hotpoint washing machine model wmd940 ultima

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME??? i HAVE A HOTPOINT WMD940 WASHING MACHINE WHICH CAME UP WITH THE ERROR CODE F-01. i TURNED IT OFF AND UNPLUGGED IT AND THEN PUT IT BACK ON AND IT SEEMED FINE. PUT THE WASH BACK ON AND IT GOT DOWN TO LAST SPIN AND CODE CAME UP AGAIN F-01. SOMEONE TOLD ME IT CIRCUIT BOARD NOW SOMEONE ELSE SAYING ITA A MOTOR TRIAC FAULT??? PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE FAULT IS AND HOW BAD IT IS??!

Sponsored Links
Pcb is faulty. Motor Triac is on the pcb. 2 ways u can do this. Send pcb off to emw in Nottingham for a recon £45.00. Or call hotpoint and will fix for £100.00. Parts and labour.

Thankyou for your reply. I went to see a guy in an electric repair shop today and he said could be motor brushes??? I have the circuit board out of washing machine and he said looks ok but couldn't test it as.not hotpoint!! Is there anywhere other than Nottingham and what do you think is best and cheapest to do??

Have you checked the brushes. There's only two places that sell recon pcb one is qer. The other emw, post the board off to them and get it back in 24 hrs , check there website.

Sponsored Links
thankyou. no have not checked the brushes as the person that came out ( without looking at anything) just seen the code and said it was the board!! Just went for a second opinion as I have got someone to take my board off and took it into a shop and they said it looks ok and looked code up on there system and said exactly what happened to me... the clothes had washed but not fully spun and said it was a motor triac fault and would probably be brushes. He said they can come out £30 call out and if that would probably cost between 60-85 pounds?? just dont want to pay unnecessary and want it done as reasonable as possible.what do you now advise best?? :cry:

The person you called out cannot reprogram the pcb, it needs a card reader and smart card, that alone costs over £100.00. I would check the brushes only if its heavy use they will wear out ie 3 times a day every day for at least 3 plus years. The two places I said will exchange the pcb for 45.00.

no it certainly has not been used to that extent. It is 3 years old but only used couple of times throughout the week and couple of times at weekend as only 2 of us. More at holiday time but that once a year. so is it best to send it off and have it re-con. Thankyou for your help and advice just dont want to pay unnecessary and have had trouble getting answers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back