Hotpoint WD420P - error F04

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My washer dryer has come up with this error code, Reduce Creases - LED 2 flashing.
It does this about 1 - 2 minutes into the cycle.

I've been trying to work out whats causing it. From this site, i've found out that this means 'Pressure sensor stuck on empty', so I've tried the following:

- Removed filter from the drain pipe/pump, and cleaned out, found £1.25 and a button in there :D
- Removed clear pipe from pressure switch to drain pipe, cleaned it and tested for leaks
- Tested pressure switch by blowing into it. There seems to be three distinct levels, empty, intermediate, and high pressure. I'm not sure if the connections are correct, but there are definitly 3 levels
- Looked at PCB for signs of damage, found no dry joints or blown capacitors that I can see.
- Found that on starting a wash cycle, it starts to fill with water, but the drain pump is on too, and drains it all away, so the drum never fills with water. I tried disconnecting the drain pump, and the drum fills with water. I thought this had temporarily fixed it as the drum then starts to turn, but after about 1 rotation, error F04 shows up again

I'm really starting to struggle for ideas now. Any ideas what I can try next ?

Any help would be much appreciated !

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is the waste pipe down too low , if not you could had a faulty pcb or presure switch send the pcb to emw for checking / replacement or buy a presure switch about a tenner.

Hi rocks

Waste is the same place its been for the last 5 years - the waste pipe u bend is about 2-3 feet off the ground, and then it goes into the kitchen sink u bend.

I was begining to think there's something up with the PCB, but wanted to check and see if I missed anything else before spending money on a new one.

As far as I can tell the pressure switch is ok, but I don't know which connections should and shouldn't have continuity at which pressure level to say for sure - seems similar, but not quite the same to a differnt hotpoint one I borrowed off a mate tho

All I can say us I've done loads of these one being presure switch next one pcb and so on, you best off changing presure switch first that's your cheapest option then if it still does it then pcb is faulty there's no way of testing presure switch only by what you done.it may click but still could be faulty in use.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice rocks :) , that sounds like my best option

hi can you tell me how you removed the filter to clean as ive tried and cant do it

Sure, from what I can remember, i did the following:

1. Unplug machine :)

2. Take the plastic panel on the back and the bottom of the machine, where the drain pipe comes out. Two screws hold it on I think.

3. Looking inside, on the right hand side of the machine, at the bottom is the drain pump.
This has a big black tube connected to one side, and the drain pump connected to the other. This black tube connects to the bottom of the drum, and is held in place with a hose clamp. Undo this screw until the hose clamp is moveable.

4. Also there is another smaller hose clamp, on the right side of the black tube. This has a clear plastic thing plugged into it that goes upwards towards the top of the machine. Undo the screw on this clamp, until it comes free, and pull the clear plastic thing out.

5. now you should be able to pull the black tube off from the bottom of the drum.

6. Next I unclipped the the drain pump from the machine chassis. You can't just pull it out as there is a clip that holds it in place.
Its a little difficult to explain, but if you tip the machine over a little and look at the bottom you can see how it clips in. You can see that you have to lift up a small clip, and move the pump in a left to right direction (still looking at the machine from the back).
Then the pump will come out, with filter, and black tube (which contains the filter) all in one.

Hope this helps.

Dear Jim87

Many thanks for your help on this , read all the forums on this but no one explained how to take it off, dont think i will be getting one like this again , its all too complicated, may need a lie down

:D

ha ha, yeah that's how I felt after trying to fix mine the other day :)
Already had to fix this one 5 or 6 times since I got it !

Oh by the way, I just remembered that I said move the pump in a left to right direction, but that's not correct, it was a right to left direction .. oops

turned out to be the PCB that was at fault.

Got a replacement, and now it works again :D

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back