hotpoint wd440g flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people
Need help my hotpoint WD440G decided it does not wabt to work. When we put a wash on K it starts, the drum completes about 3 swift spins then it stops and the rinse hold light (3rd down) and the on/off button flash like mad.
I beleive this is an alarm "but for what"
any help would be much appericated.

Regards
Noel4653

Sponsored Links
check the two red wires on the taco ,thats the end of the motor.

Hi Rocks1
I have had a look at the washer this morning and you have hit the nail on the head. The red wires were broken. I am currently looking at how to get the taco "the little block on the motor that the red wires connect into" off so i can get a replacement.
Thanks for you help mate. If you have any more info on how to go about fixing it i would be greatful

Yours thankfully
Noel4653

if they are a good length you can solder them or butt connect them,

Sponsored Links
Hi
They have broken about 2mm from the black block that they are connected to. It looks stress related from the movement of the motor.
Can this block be replaced or is it a new motor!
The part they are connected to seems to run through the coild on the motor so i may have to take the motor off.
As usual my wife thinks it will be a 5 minute job.

Thanks again
Noel4653

the black block comes off with the round disc on the back not a spare part otherwise new motor try flea bay for a cheap motor any hotpoint motor will do as long as it is under 4 years old.

160391107609 110476957772 any of these will do on ebay. just flip off the taco end,

Hi Rocks
I have managed to get the motor off and i have replaced the Taco. The machine is now working, My wife is in love with me again and we will have some clean clothes.
Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back