Hotpoint WF340 fault flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have the flashing light problem with my hotpoint WF340. I have read harry's thread and tried to reply but the post is now locked.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198410&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I removed the board from the machine and changed the c17 capacitor for the recommended upgraded 16v one. I changed it twice but still have the lights flashing when I turn the machine on. Nothing else works on the machine.

The c17 unit I removed wasn't domed in any way and also looked like new. I did see some black dust on the board but nothing near c17.

When I replaced the capacitor it was hot to the touch from the solder iron. Could I have damaged it from over heating with the solder iron or could it be a completely different fault all together?

When I turn the machine on all lights flash apart from the extra rinse light and the door lock one flashes very faintly.

Power on/off, wash enhance, reduced creases, rinse hold, mini load, final spin - all of those lights flash at the same time. Door locked also flashes at the same time, but very faintly. Pre-wash, wash, rinse and spin - flash all at the same time but at a different time to the lights I previously mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Sponsored Links
I just removed the pump and filter to check that it was clear and not blocked. Its all looked fine. I also added a small video to youtube to let you see what the lights are doing. The machine doesn't do anything at all just now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgG47KW4efs

Thanks again for any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back