HOTPOINT WMA 60 washing machine problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine fills with water OK but when initial agitator cycle starts drum rotates too quickly stops, then water empties from drum. Then resets to start.

Any ideas on what may be causing this.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Sponsored Links
when you put it on spin empty what happens ,does it still spin fast if so taco on the motor loose or broken wires near the bottom concrete weight .it may have blown pcb if wires are chaffered.

thanks for your reply. when i put it on spin empty it spins for 1-2 seconds then resets to start. No sign of any of the connections faulty, wires are in good order. Is it likely to be the PCB?

Thanks again

Simon

did you look at the taco at the end of the motor thats most likley your problem .

Sponsored Links
taco is the round piece of metal thats on the end of the motor not the belt end the other end.

If it has the same motor as mine (!):

On the opposite end of the motor to the belt there is a small housing with what looks like a giant washer pressed into it. If you spin the motor you will see the end of the shaft turning through the hole in the middle of the washer.

Around that end of the shaft should be a donut shaped magnet which spins with the motor. This rotating magnet triggers the tachometer as it turns and tells the controller how fast the motor is spinning. Unfortunately, the magnet has fallen off the shaft and is stuck in the space between the end of the shaft and the big washer thing and not moving at all. When the controller board puts demand on the motor, it gets no feedback, so puts on more demand, making the motor go very fast. Then of course it realises it's not getting any feedback at all and shuts itself down.

You can wriggle the magnet back onto the shaft my spinning the motor and carefully pushing it into place through the hole in the washer. Then run superglue around the join to keep it there.

Ben.

Huge thanks to Ben and Rocks1 for guiding me through problems with my "TACO". Once i knew what one was i was able to super glue it back into position. Everything now works a treat. Brilliant

Thanks again to both of you.

Regards

Simon :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back