Hotpoint WMF940p Taking front off?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi there how do you take the fronts off on these new Hotpoints (Indesit?) on the Hotpoint WMF940 it seems like the whole of the front machine is welded now to the rest of the casing. When I used to replace door gasket on the previous Hotpoints I used to undo the Control Panel fascia, undo a couple of screws at the top front and bottom front and pull the whole of the front cabinet off, but from what I can see now the front of the machines seems to be welded to the rest of the machine now. Just thinking what I will do in the future if i need to change door gasket or get to the front of the drum or shocks or bottom cement weight.

Sponsored Links
You will probably find the tub is welded together anyway so you won't be taking that apart. These days Hotpoint just want you to throw it out and buy a new one if it goes wrong.

on some of the old machines like Colston and Aristo, you had to lean the machine back, remove the front of the gasket and then you could get to the tub clamp. Fiddly but possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back