Hotpoint wt 761p F-03 Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint wt 761p washing machine has developed a fault.
When turned on it starts to fill, then a few seconds later whilst still filling, also starts to empty.
I dont seem to be able to select a different program, as it always starts this fill/empty cycle whenever its turned on.

There is a F-03 fault displayed, which I think is a open/short Thermistor fault.

I have looked at the rear of the washer and removed the rear access cover.

the heating element id a bleckmann PF70, two wires to the element, + an earth connection, and a square plug which I think might be the Thermistor.

Ive checked with a meter and at room temp, (still in the machine with water) its reading 550 Ohms.

1. is this the Thermistor location.
2. if so, id the impedance reading correct.
3. Could I use a resistor, pot or rheostat (value please) that I could connect to the lead in place of and to impersonate the (Thermistor) to help trace the fault.

Sponsored Links
Generally with a thermister you check the resisitance it is usually quite high (in the region of 15k to 30k at room temp)

Then depending whether its a NTC or PTC the resisitance should raise or lower when heated.

To test we usually heat the thermister up by holding on hand or with a gentle heating with hair dryer or hot water, if the resisitance changes then it is usually ok.

Low readings are suspect though on one as are open circuit

With Heater removed from machine it reads 553 Ohms at room temp. No change when touching it with hands.

Removed Thermistor from element. After adding boiling water and leaving for a few mins, it read 519 Ohms.
Placed in Freezer at <0 deg C, now reading 640 Ohms

I visited a few shops today, all of them said it was probably the main board, that the heater 'Thermostat' was not going to be the problem, and that I'd need a service engineer to reprogram it all.

I cant trace what the Thermistor range should be, so shall buy a new complete Heater element and risk the £15.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back